Monday, January 5, 2009



Happy New Year to all you readers.  I hope you love snow as much as I do.  Lately I have gone out for a quick cross-country ski every morning before I settle down to write.  I ski on an old logging road above and behind my house.  Shira, of course, comes with me. 
My resolution for this year is to finish a picture book text I am working on (who ever said that a shorter text is easier to write?)  and finish a book about an African orphan I met two years ago.  
In the spring I will be doing a trip across Canada from Nelson in British Columbia to Toronto by camper.  I'll be on the road for about six weeks and hope to see some of you along the way.  I'll be heading for the Silver Birch Award Ceremonies and look forward to all the excitement there.  
Have a good and save winter.